Okay, so here’s to another hectic week! We have been running quite a lot but have tried to stick with some meal planning. Meal planning is so hard when you add in odd work hours (our daughter), sports (our son) and me and the hubs working and running a business at the same time! But we somehow manage to eat at home most of the time, even it is just a sandwich or leftover casserole heated back up.
So for this week we are going to try to stick to the plan, and here it is:
1. Hot Turkey and Swiss sandwiches with honey glazed baby carrots (today)
2. Cheeseburger Buns and Chips
3. Tator Tot Casserole (I found the recipe on Pinterest that the Duggers use and we love it!) Find it here: duggarfamilyblog.com/2011/10/duggars-tator-tot-casserole.html
4. French Dip Sandwiches and potato wedges (meat filling prepared in slow cooker)
5. Chicken Tacos’ or Taco Salad and Spanish Rice
6. Upside Down Pizza Casserole
7. Grab something quick for some Friday Night Football!
So for the Mini subs- here is what I did- Placed 6 Kings’ Hawaiian Rolls into a 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Drizzle with melted butter, top with a generous amount of shaved smoked deli turkey, top with 1 whole slice swiss each sandwich. (I used about 3/4 lb meat for 6 sandwiches)
Drizzle a bit more melted butter over these- place in 400* oven for a few minutes (til cheese is melted). Top with other bun (top) and a little brown spicy mustard and honey, if you like, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes at 400*. I served this with some honey glazed baby carrots.
These are always a big hit with my bunch, and I do change up the meats and cheeses,too. We like honey ham with sharp cheddar, or roast beef with swiss or provolone. This is super quick to throw together and super tasty!
Have a Blessed week!! God blesses us each and every one daily, we just have to open our eyes and see the many blessings right in front of us. God is Great!